Thursday, April 30, 2009

Share Your Own Queen City Discovery

Last summer there was a wide gap in posting. This website kind of died for awhile. From August 2008 until now I've tried to keep posting new updates regularly. I am very grateful for the response, both positive and negative, that I've gotten from those who view and read this website. That being said; I'd like to extend the chance for the many readers of this site and for those who often email me, to contribute their own Queen City Discovery to this site.





I will be going on vacation for a week over the summer and won't have time to do an update, so I'd like to give someone else a chance to photograph and write about their own adventure or subject. Subjects and story ideas are not limited to just the Cincinnati area, but rather the general "tri-state" area. Subjects and story ideas are not limited to abandoned buildings and history, but anything you think might be unique and interesting to the area. Even if you don't live here, as long as its relevant to the area, your idea may have a shot.

I'll take care of the html work while you submit the words and photos, they must be of your own work. Full credit will be given to you and a link will be included to your own blog/webpage/etc. at the end of the article. I'll narrow it down to the three best then the top three will be judged on their relevancy, subject, writing style and photographic ability to some length. You don't have to be the best photographer in the world, but interesting photographs help make a story better. Proposals must be sent in by 11:59 P.M. on May 7th, 2009. The winner will be announced via email on May 11, 2009 and the deadline to complete writing and photographs for the winner will be July 8. Please include examples of your writing and photography if you have any.

If you're interested, send your proposals to queencitydisco@gmail.com with the subject "QC/D story contest."

Thanks to everyone who reads, views and comments on Queen City Disco and good luck to anyone who chooses to participate.

-Ronny "Gordon Bombay" Salerno

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete