Wednesday, May 16, 2012

224Cincy | #37 Parking Lot Midway



224Cincy_0037


A carnival in the parking lot of a "Save-A-Lot" in Bellevue, Kentucky. The skyline of Cincinnati is visible just to the right of the midway lights between the lot's light towers.

I like the idea of an ordinary, mundane parking lot becoming the midway for something bright and spectacular - even if you know what it all really is and how life goes on in all of its forms around you.






View 224 Views of Cincinnati Locations in a larger map


It's no "turn of the century Coney Island [either NYC or Cincy]" but it's something...



IMG_2738




IMG_2733




IMG_2750




IMG_2741




IMG_2735




IMG_2732


I once came across a parking lot carnival three years ago.

7 comments:

  1. this was one of my favorites Ronnerz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one speaks to the love you & I both have for our years working at King's Island. It's another world at night after closing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know Zak Bowling from the King's Island days? worked catering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say that I do. What department was he in and what years?

      Delete
  4. That's the biggest crowd I have ever seen in the Bellevue Plaza parking lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I lied. Perhaps THIS is my favorite post. I very much love your blog, and admire your photographs. The feelings I get from some of them are almost like deja vu of a memory I never had (if that makes sense?).

    ReplyDelete