Monday, June 8, 2009

The Reds Have Been Losers For The Past 20 Years, The Cubs...For Over a Century.

I was browsing UER.ca the other day when I came across a thread by a user named "AeroFennec." Aero posted some photographs he had taken while exploring Shea Stadium, former home of the New York Mets, while it was being demolished. He remarked about his memories he had from the ballpark and I was really inspired by the photographs he had taken of Shea in it's partially demolished state. Seeing the Reds play this past Friday was a nice way to wrap up a stressful and shitty week at work. AeroFennec's photos reminded me of the games I saw as a kid at Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field. Some of my favorite photographs growing up were ones of the Cincinati Skyline with Cinergy Field in the foreground. Those mid 90's photographs are iconic in my mind, I just hope that one day maybe the photographs I take today will mean something to someone.


/


-Cinergy Field, former home of the Cincinnati Reds.





/


-Great American Ballpark, current home of the Cincinnati Reds.



/


-Overview of Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field.



/


-Overview of Great American Ballpark.



/


-Fireworks at Cinergy Field.



/


-Fireworks at Great American Ballpark.



/


-Fireworks at Cinergy Field.



/


-Fireworks at Great American Ballpark.



/


-(From left to right) My grandfather, myself and my dad at Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field in 1991.



Fuck the Cubs.



---------------------------------------
Sources:
Photograph 1: BallParksofBaseball.com
Photograph 3: Wikipedia
Photographs 5 & 7: MAustin316

---------------------------------------


Major QC/D update coming later this week. Until next time,
-Ronny aka Gordon Bombay

Previous update: May 28, 2009 :: The Unsolved Mystery of Joe Wilcher

Like what you see or read here? Consider becoming a fan of Queen City Discovery on Facebook or receive an instant alert each time the site is updated by signing up for the Queen City Discovery Newsletter.

4 comments:

  1. Well we haven't won a World Series Championship in 19 years, but I wouldn't call us losers. The Reds were one of the winningest teams of the 90's and made a playoff run as recently as 1999.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your trip down memory lane. I've been fortunate enough to see both ballparks and I must say they've done a real nice job with the new stadium. I loved the experience in that ballpark. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG look at uncle ron!!!! we need a enlarged print of that for next years x-mas exchange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't really have effect, I consider like this.

    ReplyDelete